SAGE Open Access Agreement for MacEwan Authors
MacEwan University Library is pleased to announce a new open access publishing option as part of the university’s membership in the Canadian Research Knowledge Network (CRKN).
As of January 2021, MacEwan corresponding authors publishing in over 900 SAGE Choice journals can make their accepted works open access at no cost.
Corresponding authors publishing in fully open access SAGE Journals have the option to receive a 40% discount on article processing charges.
Making published works open access can increase the visibility and impact of research since anyone can freely access it online.
For more information on publication discounts, visit the library’s web page on Open Access.
Questions? Contact Robyn Hall, Scholarly Communications Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Happy Open Access Week!
Open access journals and repositories make research conducted at MacEwan more available to those who need it, and expand the real world impact that it can have. This Open Access Week (Oct. 19-25), please join us in recognizing all the ways that members of MacEwan University make research and scholarship freely available to others online:
- Several faculty members have chosen to publish research articles in open access journals. Copies of many of these works are available in MacEwan’s research repository, RO@M.
- RO@M also contains over 500 exceptional student works, including undergraduate theses, conference presentations, and creative works.
- Dozens of articles by MacEwan students appear in open access journals hosted by the Library including the MacEwan University Student eJournal (MUSe) and Earth Common Journal.
- The Library provides financial support to open access initiatives including:
- Directory of Open Access Books
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Open Citations
- Open Library of Humanities
- Public Knowledge Project
- Sherpa Romeo
- SCOAP3 (Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics)
To learn more about open access, visit our page on open access publishing or talk to your subject librarian.