Getting Library Materials
Finding Library Materials
- Distance students and faculty have access to the Library's collection of print and online books, articles, and audiovisual materials. For help finding books and articles, visit our Research Information pages.
Accessing Library Materials
- Online Library resources require your MacEwan Network ID and password. If an article is not available online you can request the article by using the Distance Delivery Article Request form.
- Physical materials can be borrowed directly from the Library, or mailed to your home.
Delivery of Library Materials
- Library materials (books, distance delivery videos, software, and articles) are sent free of charge.
- Distance delivery requests may take from 2 days to 2 weeks to arrive at their destination.
Request Books and Audiovisual Material
- Once you locate an item in the Library you can click on the place hold link to have it delivered to your home.
- Log in with your MacEwan username and password.
- Select Distance Delivery as your pick up location.
- You can also request the book be mailed to you by using the online Distance Delivery Book Request form.
Loan Periods, Renewals & Fines for Distance Borrowers
|Item||Loan Period||Renewals||Late Charges|
|Distance Reserve Collection*||5 weeks||As available||$1.00/day|
|Books from MacEwan**||5 weeks||2||$0.50/day|
|CDs, Scores, DVDs**||4 weeks||2||$0.50/day|
* Items with a greater demand can have their initial loan period shortened to 3 weeks.
** Items with a loan period of more than 2 weeks may be recalled.
You can renew borrowed materials provided no one else requires them. Borrowed items can be renewed twice. Request renewals at least one week prior to the due date by contacting the Library at 780-497-5857 or 1-800-565-4824 or you can renew your materials online from the My Account section of the website.
Books will have their due dates attached. You will be notified to renew/return items, or if they're overdue by email. These emails are sent to your MacEwan email address. Borrowing privileges are suspended when fines reach $50.00 or if any fines remain unpaid after 7 days. Students with unpaid fines will not receive official transcripts and will not be able to register for courses.
Returning Library Materials
- Books should be mailed back at least 3 days prior to the due date to avoid overdue fines.
- Photocopies of materials are yours to keep.
- Materials are sent with a prepaid return postage label.
- Repackage the materials in the container in which they were received and affix the prepaid mailing label to the package.
- Materials can also be returned in person to any of the NEOS libraries.
- For help with your Library card or with borrowing materials, please contact the Library, toll free at 1-800-565-4824 (M-F, 8:00 am -4:30 pm) or 780-497-5857.
- Visit our Help page for email and live chat help with your library research.