The following resources provide article citation counts and author citation reports to help assess and articulate research impact.
- Scopus (MacEwan login required) - Select the Author Search tab, perform author search, and select author’s name to view profile and metrics.
- Web of Science (MacEwan login required) - Change Basic Search to Author Search, perform author search, then select “Create a Citation Report” to view metrics.
- Google Scholar - You will need an account. Learn more.
Altmetrics are non-traditional metrics that demonstrate online research impact. Explore things like how many times your work has downloaded, shared on social media, and discussed in the news.
- Altmetric Bookmarklet - Find article-level metrics for how many times online works have been viewed, downloaded, and shared on various social media sites.
- ImpactStory Profiles - Create an author profile that lists your works and provides detailed metrics on how your work is being read, downloaded, tweeted, bookmarked, and more.
Want some help?
If you are working on a grant application or dossier, contact your subject librarian for help compiling information on how many times your work has been cited and shared.