Audio Production Room
The Audio Production Room is ideal for students who want to record podcasts & interviews and edit audio & video. The Audio Production Room is located at the Haar Library, room 7-202-G, and can be booked using the Room Booking System via myPortal.
Use the Room Booking System to reserve 7-202-G for a 4-hour time slot (max. 20hrs per week) then use your MacEwan Card to sign out a key at the Haar Library Borrower Services Desk.
Equipment and Software
- iMac desktop computer with Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Audition
- Audio interface
- Headphone amplifier
- 2 vocal microphones with pop filters and boom stands
- 2 sets of headphones
- Turn on the iMac
- Sign in using your MacEwan network login
- Click on the Finder icon>Applications>Adobe Audition
- Opening Audition will require an additional login with your MacEwan network ID; enter your MacEwan email address then click on "Company or School" to sign in
- Use How-to Guides linked below to create optimal settings for podcasting
If you find that the computer or audio equipment is just not working, use the Podcast Cable Set-up hand-out next to the computer to trouble-shoot basic problems. If the equipment is still not working, let someone on library staff or tech support know.
If you need help using Adobe Audition, including how to set up your podcast, consult one of the guides below.
How-to Guides and Videos
Adobe Audition Guides
- Creating Podcasts: https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/using/creating-podcasts.html#recording_setup
- Audition help: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/audition.html
- Tutorials: https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/tutorials.html
- Tutorials on Lynda.com (requires login with your L-pass, EPL-registered card – for more info see https://library.macewan.ca/services/l-pass-epl/register )
For other inquiries, please contact Ron Rooth firstname.lastname@example.org