COVID-19 Library Services Update
-- Last Updated: June 29th, 2:17 p.m. --
We will keep this page up to date with any service changes and additional information as the situation develops.
Due to high demand, some library services will take longer than usual.
Library Hours and Spaces
- John L. Haar City Centre Campus Library and the Alberta College Library are CLOSED.
- Chat and text will be available during our new Spring/Summer hours.
- The Technology Support Desk has temporarily moved to 7-292 (the old SAMU offices).
- Study space is available Monday to Friday in 7-297 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. 7-122 and 7-126 are open from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Reopening: The university's relaunch team is working on a plan for relaunch of the campus within the opening standards from the government. We do not have a date for reopening yet, but stay tuned!
- Online collections are available from the Library Website.
- There is no access to the physical collection, including textbooks, until further notice. Holds cannot be placed on items, this includes distance delivery.
- For access to subject-specific databases and resources, use our Library Subject Guides.
- Interlibrary Loan requests are still being processed by some partner libraries, but are only available for eResources (e.g. eBook chapters, online articles, etc. from other libraries)
- For Faculty/Staff: Use your MacEwan email account to request non-textbook, MacEwan-owned items: Send the title, author, and call number of the item(s) you wish to borrow to email@example.com; items must be currently listed as “On Shelf” at John L. Haar Library. This service may take up to two business days to process.
Due Dates and Fines
- All items currently signed out (except laptops and ipads) have a new due date of September 30, 2020. Books can be returned to the external book drop on 105th Avenue and 107th Street. Laptops can be returned to the Technology Support desk's temporary location in Room 7-292.
- Late fees have been cancelled from March 13th onwards until the situation changes.
- For previously incurred fines, you can pay online through the My Account page under 'Fines'.
- Library fines that have accumulated prior to March 13th may impede your ability to register for Fall/Winter classes. If you find yourself unable to register due to fines accrued before March 13th that you cannot pay online, please contact us.
Research & Writing Support
- Research support is still available through chat and text.
- Writing and citation support is available online.
- Technology Support is available Monday to Friday during their regularly scheduled hours.
- In-person support: room 7-292
- Online support:
- Laptops are available for students registered in a spring or summer course.
- Printing is being provided by Print Services, contact 780-497-5036 or email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (Pickup in 6-021, Building 6 parkade)
- No Library events are scheduled at this time.