COVID-19 Library Services Update
-- Last Updated: April 9th, 8:15 a.m. --
We will keep this page up to date with any service changes and additional information as the situation develops.
Library Hours and Spaces
- The Alberta College Library is CLOSED until further notice.
- John L. Haar City Centre Campus Library is CLOSED to the public. Chat, text and email will be available during regularly scheduled hours.
- Computer access is available on the Technology Support side of the library, with access from the spiral staircase underneath the clock tower between buildings 6 & 7, Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- All library services and computer access will be closed Friday, April 10th and Monday, April 13th.
- Online collections are available from the Library Website.
- There is no access to the physical collection until further notice. Holds cannot be placed on items, this includes distance delivery.
- Use our Scan on Demand Service to scan portions of print books in our collection (For MacEwan students, staff, and faculty only) - Requests will be processed Monday-Friday.
- For access to subject-specific databases and resources, use our Library Subject Guides.
- We now have temporary and expanded access to additional resources. See our Expanded & Freely Available Resources page for details.
- See if your textbook is included in this temporary access by navigating to the Textbooks tab.
- Interlibrary Loan requests are still being processed by some partner libraries, but are only available for eResources (e.g. eBooks, online articles, etc. from other libraries)
Due Dates and Fines
- All items currently signed out have a new due date of May 31/June 1, 2020. Please DO NOT return items - including laptops and textbooks - until further notice.
- Late fees have been cancelled from March 13th onwards until the situation changes.
- For previously incurred fines, you can pay online through the My Account page under 'Fines'.
- Library fines that have accumulated prior to March 13th may impede your ability to register for Fall/Winter classes. If you find yourself unable to register due to fines accrued before March 13th that you cannot pay online, please contact us.
Research & Writing Support
- Research support is still available through chat and text.
- Writing and citation support is available online Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 4pm.
- In-person support is available Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Online support is available Monday - Friday 7:30am - 7:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
All library events have been cancelled until further notice.